Almost 700,000 people were reported to misuse the medication, highlighting the importance of choosing the right doctor for opioid addiction treatment. Opioid use can be very damaging to the body, even fatal. As difficult as tackling opioid addiction may seem, it can be assisted through medicinal substances such as FDA-approved Subutex. Keep reading as we discuss what Subutex is, how it can help, and how you can find Subutex doctors near me accepting new patients.
What is Subutex & How Does Subutex Work
Subutex is an opioid antagonist. Subutex is a brand name for Buprenorphine, and it is very effective for treating people addicted to heroin and other illicit drugs. It works as a substitute for opioids and helps treat addiction. It can also help manage withdrawal symptoms and dependency.
The main component of Subutex is Buprenorphine. Which helps to cancel out the effects of other opioids. Here is how Subutex works;
- Buprenorphine subdues other opioids by binding to the brain receptors.
- Instead of fully binding to them, Buprenorphine partially activates them.
- Buprenorphine reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
- As a result, it is an excellent treatment for opioid addiction.
Medical opioids come with a huge risk of abuse. In this regard, Subutex is very safe as Buprenorphine has a ceiling effect. It does not produce any additional effects beyond a certain dose. This reduces the risk of overdose, making Subutex a safer option for those in recovery.
Use Of Subutex In Medication-Assisted Treatment Program
Subutex can be used as part of medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for opioid addiction. MAT involves different treatment techniques like CBT and DBT and using FDA-approved medications like Subutex and Suboxone. These techniques help manage addiction and support recovery.
Some of the primary benefits of using Subutex in MAT are as follows:
- It can alleviate cravings and withdrawal symptoms
- It can help individuals to stay engaged in treatment and avoid relapse.
- Subutex is typically used in the induction phase of MAT, which involves stabilizing the individual on a safe and effective dose of the medication. Once stabilized, the individual may continue taking Subutex for an extended period as part of their ongoing treatment plan.
ChoicePoint is a co-occurring addiction treatment center that accepts all Insurance and provides an Online MAT program!
The Right Time To Start Subutex Treatment Is Now!
People struggling with Opioid Use Disorder must not delay looking for Subutex doctors near me accepting new patients. Opioid addiction is a rising problem. Individuals struggling with substance abuse lose their sense of reality, and their abuse can lead to death. Here is why you should start looking for Subutex doctors near me accepting new patients and consider Subutex treatment immediately:
- Manages withdrawal symptoms: Withdrawal symptoms are uncomfortable and painful. Subutex can help to manage and treat these symptoms.
- Minimizes cravings: Subutex helps reduce cravings. This makes it easier to stay sober and avoid relapse.
- Improved quality of life: By reducing cravings and withdrawal symptoms, Subutex can help individuals to focus on other areas of their lives and work toward their goals without the constant distraction of addiction.
- Improved safety: Because Subutex has a ceiling effect and a lower potential for respiratory depression, it may be a safer alternative to full opioid agonists like heroin or oxycodone.
- Increased engagement in treatment: Subutex can help to stabilize individuals in the early stages of treatment, making it easier to stay engaged in counseling and other supportive therapies.
Subutex Doctors Near Me Accepting New Patients- Common FAQs
Still, have questions about Subutex doctors near me accepting new patients? Here are the answers:
A. Why must I look for Subutex doctors near me accepting new patients?
Only a doctor who is certified to prescribe Buprenorphine for the treatment of opioid addiction can prescribe Subutex. These doctors have received special training and a waiver from the DEA. They can provide you with a comprehensive treatment plan that includes medication and counseling to help you overcome your addiction.
B. What should I expect from my first Subutex doctor visit?
Your initial appointment with a Subutex doctor near you may include a complete medical evaluation to evaluate whether Subutex is the right treatment for you. The doctor will inquire about your medical history, current medications, and history of substance abuse. They may also do a physical examination and laboratory tests. If Subutex is recommended, the DEA-certified doctor may provide you with a prescription and a detailed addiction treatment plan.
C. Is Subutex safe?
Subutex is generally considered safe and effective when administered as directed by a skilled and qualified doctor. It does carry some risks and potential side effects, as do all medications. Subutex misuse or abuse can also result in addiction, overdose, or other major health concerns. It is critical to discuss the risks and advantages of Subutex with your doctor and to follow their advice carefully.
At ChoicePoint, we ensure the safe use of FDA-approved medication under the supervision of qualified doctors. To enquire more about our Subutex doctors, call 844.445.2563 and speak directly with our representatives.
Subutex Doctors Near Me Accepting New Patients & Insurance
Insurance can greatly ease the process for individuals seeking Subutex treatment from Subutex doctors. Many insurance plans offer some or all coverage for addiction treatment services. By using Insurance to cover the cost of treatment, individuals can make Subutex treatment more accessible and affordable.
Here is how Insurance can help you receive the Subutex treatment:
A. Reduced Cost
Depending on the specifics of the insurance plan, coverage may include medications, counseling services, and other components of addiction treatment. This can help to make treatment more affordable and reduce the financial burden of recovery.
B. Care from Experts
Insurance can also help to ensure that individuals receive high-quality care from qualified providers. Many insurance plans have networks of providers who specialize in addiction treatment and can offer personalized treatment programs.
c. Accessible Treatment
By covering the cost of treatment, Insurance can eliminate financial concerns that might otherwise prevent individuals from seeking help for addiction. This can help to promote early intervention and improve outcomes for individuals struggling with opioid addiction.
4 Tips to Find Subutex Doctors Near Me Accepting New Patients
- Locate a qualified doctor who is licensed to offer MAT treatment.
- Ensure that your doctor is aware and well-versed with Subutex treatment.
- To help ease the financial burden of the treatment, ensure that your doctor accepts Insurance.
- Find a treatment facility that offers outpatient treatment.
ChoicePoint Has Subutex Doctors Near Me Accepting New Patients
At ChoicePoint, we respect your privacy and guide you before starting addiction treatment so you understand each process fully. Following are some of the treatment programs offered to people seeking help at ChoicePoint;
Medical detox includes flushing out the substance from the body under 24/7 observation from trained healthcare professionals.
Intensive outpatient is a structured program to treat patients who require extra care while recovering from substance abuse.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment Program
Our Dual Diagnosis, Addiction Treatment Program helps tackle mental health issues and substance abuse together. We offer treatment for the following mental health issues:
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Panic Attacks
- Mood Disorders
- Eating Disorders
Medically-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
During our Medically-Assisted Treatment program, our addiction specialists will use medicine to subdue pain and withdrawal effects. Our psychotherapies (CBT, DBT) will ensure to address any underlying behavioral issues.
Don’t let addiction ruin your life. Take control and start addiction treatment from a trust-worthy addiction treatment rehab near you. Call us now at 844.445.2563 to schedule an in-person or virtual appointment today!