At home drug tests are FDA-approved and are considered just as effective as traditional lab tests if done under medical supervision or per the guidelines of a healthcare provider. Are you a concerned parent or a worried adult who can not visit an onsite clinic either due to gasoline prices continuing to record high in New Jersey or never-ending Covid restrictions? Then read all about what is an at home drug test and what are the five simple steps to follow.
What Does At Home Drug Test Mean?
At home drug test has taken the world by storm. Currently, more and more people are willing to perform at home drug tests rather than visit clinics because:
- People are terrified of contracting Covid
- Traveling is becoming difficult due to rising gas prices
At home drug tests are conducted virtually in the presence of an online doctor. Remote drug testing, or telehealth collections, usually involves the client providing an oral-fluid sample from their home, sealed in a vial, and sent to a specific testing laboratory. It is also known as:
- Drugs of Abuse Home Use Test
- Home Drug Screening
- At home Drug Screening Test
Drug abuse puts a person at the risk of instability at the workplace and at home. If you or someone you know is displaying signs of drug abuse, address the issue and seek professional help as soon as possible. Take this 5 min long addiction assessment quiz that may help to determine the level of your alcohol dependence.
Purpose of At Home Drug Testing
At home drug tests are designed to detect the presence of a wide variety of illicit drugs, over the counter and prescription drugs in your system such as:
Using illicit drugs is on the rise in the USA. According to the National Center for Drug Abuse Statistics, there were reportedly 96,779 deaths due to drug overdose from March 2020 to March 2021. Therefore, an untreated and undiagnosed drug addiction can destroy your well-being. However, early detection of drug abuse can prevent an unstable future, and one of the easiest detection methods is an at home drug test. Call us at 844.445.2563 if you are looking for an at home drug test service.
Benefits of an At Home Drug Test
People are more willing to perform at home drug tests rather than visit clinics because at home tests offer you numerous benefits such as:
- Oral-fluid testing was approved by the federal Department of Health and Human Services in October 2019.
- 97% accurate, quick, easy to perform, and cost-effective.
- Clients don’t need to personally visit health care facilities.
- Without leaving home, clients can follow simple instructions with the drug testing kit to provide an oral fluid sample in minutes.
- Provide services on the client’s schedule.
- A safe and private way to detect drugs in your system.
- Collections are 100-percent observed.
- No geographical restrictions as it is administered by a doctor online.
- It is highly recommended given the current Covid situations and social distancing.
- As gas prices increase in NJ, it is the best way to save money traveling to clinics.
If you cannot visit a clinic for a drug test, there is no need to worry because ChoicePoint in New Jersey offers at home drug test service for the residents of New Jersey.
At Home Drug Test: Makes Life Easier as Gas Prices Rise in NJ
At home drug tests became popular during Covid and have become necessary as gas prices have soared in New Jersey. With gas being $4.267 for a gallon, you should not have to worry about traveling to an onsite clinic just for a simple drug test. All you need is a laptop, and you can get a virtual appointment with a specialized doctor who will guide you through how to do an at home drug test.
Follow these five steps for a successful at home drug test:
Step#1: Choose a Telehealth Clinic
For an accurate at home drug test, you must contact a well-reputed and trusted healthcare facility that provides telehealth services. While selecting a clinic that provides virtual drug testing, look for these things as well:
- Professional staff
- Qualified doctors
- Make sure the license of doctors are up-to-date
- Reviews and testimonials by others
Step#2: Virtual Appointment
Once you have selected a healthcare facility, it’s time to meet with the doctors online that doesn’t require an in-person visit. Here are the five things you must discuss with your doctor:
- Medical history
- Drug abuse history
- Discuss the process of the at home drug test.
- Discuss the cost coverage
- Accuracy and estimated arrival of results
During the virtual appointment, your doctor will decide which drug test will be best for you. Drug tests include urine, hair, blood, and oral fluid. You will find the oral fluid test type to be the least intrusive and simple form of at home drug test. Their results are just as accurate as any other tests performed in the laboratory.
Step#3: The Drug Kit
After the doctor makes an online assessment, drug testing kits are mailed to the client’s house for an oral-fluid sample. The drug kit is simple and can easily be used at home. Once you receive the drug kit, the following guidelines may help you for taking an accurate drug test:
- Make sure to keep it packed until you are ready to perform the test.
- Avoid infecting it with the surrounding atmosphere.
- When you receive the drug test kit, always check the expiration date on the back of the packaging.
Step#4: Telehealth Oral Fluid Collection Day
On your scheduled drug test day, your healthcare provider will virtually guide you step by step on how to administer the drug test. You will be using a video conferencing platform like Zoom or any other video platform. At the other end of the call, the staff member will observe the sample collection live. Make sure to follow your doctor’s instructions to achieve accurate results.
The Process to Follow:
- Open the packet containing the drug test kit when the meeting starts.
- Take the swab or collection stick and rub it inside the mouth for 10 to 15 seconds in a circular motion.
- Replace the cap and put the collection stick on a flat surface.
- Wait for the results to appear on the collection stick.
- Place the specimen inside the plastic bag and shut it carefully.
- You will be required to send the sample in a tamper-proof envelope provided in the testing kit to the testing facility for further evaluation.
Step#5: Result Evaluation
If your test is negative, you are good, as that means no drugs were found. But if the at home drug test shows positive results, your healthcare provider might ask you to send the sample to the lab for further evaluation. A positive test result is indicated by only 1 line appearing in the Control Region (C) and no line appearing in the Test Region (T). If the test results are positive:
- Your healthcare provider will guide you through your treatment options
- Provide you with an addiction treatment plan
- Provide you addiction counseling
- Encourage you to stay away from drugs and live a sober life
ChoicePoint is a Telehealth clinic that offers addiction treatment programs (Outpatient, Intensive Outpatient, Detox, Medication-Assisted Treatment, and Dual Diagnosis) and virtual addiction therapies that are easily accessible from the comfort of your home. Contact 844.445.2563 and start your journey towards an addiction-free life.
Amidst Soaring Gas Prices; ChoicePoint Provides At Home Drug Test Services
In 2018, approximately 21.2 million people aged 12 and above needed substance abuse treatment. But couldn’t due to the stigma that surrounds drug and alcohol treatment. In March 2022, when New Jersey reported the highest gas prices at $4 since 2008, people started to panic as traveling to clinics was becoming less affordable. With ChoicePoint, there is no need to travel to the clinic to perform a drug test. You can easily perform drug tests at home under the guidance of a doctor.
If you are looking for clinics that offer drug testing at home near you, contact ChoicePoint at 844.445.2563. All you have to do is book an appointment with our DEA-certified doctors, and they will guide you step by step regarding how to perform drug tests at home.