An average American makes around $4365 per month and spends more than $456 on Healthcare. Considering this, the sudden spike in gas prices in New Jersey has raised concerns about traveling to clinics to receive treatment. In such hard times, Telehealth clinics are stepping up and ensuring you receive the treatment you deserve. The main goal of the Telehealth clinic is to provide you with healthcare services virtually, so you don’t have to worry about the traveling costs to start your journey toward recovery.
Here are three reasons why choosing a Telehealth clinic as an addiction treatment option is budget-friendly.
- Reduce Traveling Expense
- At-home Drug Testing Services
Table of Contents
Telehealth Clinic: The Future of Healthcare!
What do you get when technology meets Healthcare: Telehealth services. Telehealth was initially introduced in the medical world so that people living in rural areas would not be neglected in medical care. With Covid on the rise in 2019, Telehealth became popular because it offered a way to stay away from public settings.
According to AAA Mid-Atlantic, the average price of gasoline in New Jersey touched an all-time high of $4.09, up more than $1.10 in the last year. When the gas prices have skyrocketed in New Jersey, it is the right time to use Telehealth services and save on the cost of traveling.
Getting treatment using Telehealth services is just a simple process; all you have to do is:
- connect with your healthcare provider
- set up a remote appointment, keeping your schedule in mind
- your healthcare provider will visit you virtually using any internet-connected device.
- get the medical assistance you require
- speak face-to-face with your doctor on your laptop and discuss your medical needs.
Did you know that Telehealth can offer you addiction treatment programs right at your doorstep? Following are some of the many services that Telehealth provides without having to travel to the addiction center :
- Doctor-patient telehealth consultations
- Drug and alcohol rehabilitation
- Addiction Counseling Sessions
- Remote drug testing services
- Prescription for medicines
- Mental health counseling
Looking for a Telehealth clinic that provides Addiction Treatment and Aftercare programs in New Jersey? ChoicePoint provides comprehensive remote addiction treatment programs.
Get Sober Despite The High Inflation and Skyrocketed Gas Prices in New Jersey
Addiction treatment has always been expensive; out of 21 million Americans, only 10% receive treatment. Thus financial instability could be one of the main causes of not getting quality treatment. In the past two months, the ever-increasing gasoline prices in New Jersey have made getting treatment more difficult. Telehealth is the perfect solution in such hard times because Telehealth services are easily accessible and economical.
Here are the top three reasons to choose Telehealth services for your household in current times when gasoline prices are on the rise:
1. Reduce Traveling Costs
Spending a quarter of your income on gas is not a wise choice when you can easily avail yourself of Telehealth services. Choosing Telehealth over going to clinics saves you the traveling time and the cost of transportation. Did you know that some low-income households in NJ are reporting up to 20% of their income spent on gas?
Yes, you heard it right. An average household in America spends $150 to $200 on gas per month. If you don’t want to spend around $3000 on gas like 90% of households in America, then according to a study, patients can save traveling costs by using Telehealth services. This way, you can save your money and the time and energy it will take you to reach the addiction treatment center.
By using Telehealth, a person can save:
- Nearly nine years of travel time, five million miles, and $3 million in costs.
- Over 20 years, on average, one person can save four hours of driving time, 278 miles, and $156 in direct travel costs.
If high gas prices are your biggest hindrance in getting treatment, make an appointment at a Telehealth clinic. To arrange a virtual meeting with your healthcare provider, simply follow these steps:
- Search for a reputable Telehealth Clinic
- Call and connect with the admissions team
- Download Zoom, Skype, or any other video calling application on your phone or laptop.
- Arrange a meeting with your healthcare provider on your preferred day
- Start your journey toward recovery.
2. Saves The Cost of Per Hospital Visit
According to UnitedHealthcare, an average virtual visit will cost $50 versus $85 for low-severity treatment at a doctor’s office. It will cost $130 for an urgent care facility visit and $740 for an emergency department visit. Research reveals that a patient can potentially save up to $19 to $121 by using telehealth services.
Telehealth Clinic Uses Remote Patient Monitoring
You don’t need to visit the doctor for each appointment. Thus, not only does it save travel costs but also the cost of admission and doctor fees.
- Less staff is required for Telehealth.
- Treatment costs are relatively lower, allowing you to stay within your budget.
- Using Telehealth services means you save the cost you spend on hospital rooms.
- With Telehealth, you can say goodbye to standing in long queues and out-of-pocket medical expenses.
3. Provides At-home Drug Testing
Drug testing is performed to detect the presence of Alcohol, Amphetamines, Cocaine, opioids, and benzodiazepines in the system. Before At-home drug testing became popular, patients would have to travel to the on-site clinic, give the sample for drug testing, and then return home. But with telehealth services, at-home drug tests are far more feasible for you, and here is why;
At-home drug tests are administered at home, eliminating the need to visit a drug testing facility.
At-home drug tests are more affordable than laboratory tests as it saves traveling costs and out-of-pocket expenditures.
Performed in a private setting of your home, giving you utmost privacy.
d) Quick and Accurate
At-home drug testing is quicker than traditional ones, through which you don’t have to wait 24-48 hours to get the test results.
If you belong to the same group of people suffering from the sudden rise in gasoline prices, that has caused many people to rethink visiting clinics. Stop thinking and start looking for clinics in NJ that offer drug testing at home. Contact ChoicePoint at 844.445.2563 and get help now.
Efficacy of Telehealth Clinic In Addiction Treatment Hence Proved
Telehealth is just like the traditional walk-in clinic without having to ‘walk in.’ Moreover, you don’t have to worry about the quality of care provided virtually because you will find it as effective as traditional ways. In many ways, Telehealth is the future of Healthcare, and the main reason is its cost-effectiveness.
Here is how Telehealth has revolutionized the Healthcare industry:
- There are no geographical restrictions for setting up an appointment with a Telehealth clinic.
- If you have been putting off treatment due to your physical disability, then wait no more because Telehealth services connect you with an online doctor who can help you right from the comfort of your home.
- Being a working woman or a full-time mother can affect your health. With Telehealth services, you can get treatment at home without worrying about arranging a babysitter or compromising working hours.
- Telehealth appointments are set according to your work schedule. Thus giving you freedom and flexibility in choosing the right time to meet your virtual doctor.
- Telehealth is a cost-effective method of getting treatment in times when gas prices are on the constant rise.
Does Insurance Cover Telehealth Services?
Most commercial insurance providers, including Medicaid and Medicare, indeed cover telehealth. Your Telehealth coverage may vary due to:
- The state you live in
- Insurance provider
- The type of treatment you require
ChoicePoint: A Telehealth Clinic In New Jersey
Telehealth has proven to be a great alternative to visiting on-site clinics when gas prices in New Jersey hit an all-time high. Therefore to help Save your out-of-pocket expenses, ChoicePoint extended their telehealth services all over New Jersey, accessible to everyone from anywhere to ensure you save time and money.
Here are five reasons why you should choose ChoicePoint’s Telehealth addiction treatment programs :
- Our Telehealth services cover alcohol and drug rehabilitation and addiction therapies to help you start an addiction-free life and minimize the relapse chances. We provide you with the facility to perform an at-home drug test under the virtual supervision of a DEA-certified doctor.
- Our Dual diagnosis treatment programs can help people suffering from behavioral health disorders and drug and alcohol addiction.
- Our friendly and helpful staff is available 24/7 to guide you through the admissions process step by step.
- We accept all types of insurance programs, including Medicare and Medicaid, so the residents of New Jersey, amidst the gas crisis, can get started with their addiction treatment without worrying about the cost. You can verify your insurance by simply calling us at 844.445.2563.
Final Takeaway On How Choosing Telehealth Clinic Is Budget-friendly
On average, New Jersey residents spend $1500 per hospital visit, especially when gas prices are soaring to a high record of $4.17 a gallon, which is not budget-friendly. With the ever-rising gasoline prices in New Jersey, Telehealth services have proven to be a blessing everyone can afford. ChoicePoint in New Jersey is a Telehealth clinic that provides quality care and personalized drug and alcohol addiction treatment programs. Our supporting staff and highly specialized doctors will provide you with Telehealth services at home.