Virtual Addiction counseling can increase patient engagement. As the world is stepping into the metaverse, it is time to accept that doctors can form a good rapport with patients virtually as well. According to research, people who receive virtual addiction counseling exceed those who do not receive any treatment.
Here is how virtual addiction counseling is making things easier for people struggling with addiction:
- Easier access encourages people from anywhere to start virtual addiction counseling
- A highly convenient way to reach out for help in a private manner
- Most appropriate for people who do not want to spend extra money on gas expenses
- No need to take time off from work
Substance abuse can have a negative impact on a person’s physical, emotional, social, and financial well-being. After helping New Jersey residents, we are now available statewide virtually in Montana for anyone who has decided to start a recovery journey. Call us today at 844.445.2563 to schedule an appointment and start your journey toward a sober life.
How Does Virtual Addiction Counseling Work?
Addiction counseling is critical for those suffering from substance use disorders. However, only a small percentage of those in need receive it. The main reasons are the lack of nearby clinics and the inability to leave home due to family or job-related obligations. Telehealth can change the patterns and outcomes of addiction treatment.
Setting up an online addiction counseling session is easier than you think:
- Visit or make a call to the addiction treatment center of your choice
- Schedule an online addiction counseling session with the doctor on a desired day and time slot
- Set up a zoom account and make an ID
- On the scheduled day, be present in front of the computer on time
- Your virtual doctor will listen to and address all your concerns
If you are worried and looking for addiction counseling for family members, contact ChoicePoint at 844.445.2563. We are a co-occurring addiction treatment facility that accepts all insurances, including Medicare & Medicaid, and offers Telehealth addiction treatment programs.
Basic Techniques Used During Virtual Addiction Counseling
Addiction counseling is about connecting with the patient and teaching them ways to distract themselves from abusing illicit substances. The most common techniques are:
Cognitive-behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive-behavioral therapy is the most commonly used method during addiction counseling. It focuses on assisting people in recognizing and avoiding negative thoughts and actions that may lead to drinking or doing drugs. This method could teach people to identify triggers that lead to cravings and avoid them.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
Dialectical behavior therapy is beneficial for patients who struggle with addiction to regulate their emotions and have suicidal or self-harming thoughts. DBT employs relaxation techniques to assist the patient in becoming more aware of their thoughts and emotions. The goal is to reduce the occurrence of self-harming behavior and indulging in addictive substances. It also encourages a healthy lifestyle.
Therapists use this technique during virtual addiction counseling to guide people through structured conversations that teach them how to recognize how their lives could be different and better if they stopped using substances.
Our virtual alcohol treatment and substance use disorder programs are for anyone seeking a more accessible and convenient solution. By contacting us at 844.445.2563, you’ll get access to our 24/7 responsive DEA-certified staff, free addiction evaluation, and the best way to approach your addictions.
Tips and Strategies To Get The Most Out Of Virtual Addiction Counseling Sessions
The more comfortable you are with online addiction counseling, the better results you will get. Remember, the doctor, on the other side, wants what is best for you. Therefore, respect their opinions and listen wholeheartedly to what they say. Here are some tips that will help you during your sessions with an addiction counselor online:
- Develop a healthy relationship with your online addiction counselor
- Feel comfortable, safe, and respected because your therapist is genuine and empathetic
- Remember, all your conversations are confidential
- Your addiction counselor will not judge you for your past, so be open and do not hide anything
- Discuss with your therapist how the virtual addiction treatment will work and how you will handle any issues.
Virtual Addiction Counseling With ChoicePoint- What to Expect
ChoicePoint proudly offers comprehensive and personalized virtual addiction treatment programs to all those who can’t access addiction treatment due to family obligations or constraints that make travel difficult. Our online addiction treatment programs are carefully designed to meet the needs of people struggling with addiction. We offer holistic treatments, addiction counseling, diagnosis, and treatment for many co-occurring disorders. Online addiction counseling at ChoicePoint includes:
- Initial evaluations to determine the most appropriate level of care
- DEA-certified therapist-led online therapy sessions
- One-on-one or group therapy sessions
- Scheduling at-home drug tests
- Medication for addiction treatment
- Same-day MAT prescriptions online
Are you looking for virtual addiction treatment for yourself or a loved one? Contact ChoicePoint at 844.445.2563 and schedule a virtual appointment today!