Effective August 27, 2021
For this Statement, “Personal Information” shall include any information we collect from you to facilitate the SMS Service, including your mobile data.
What Personal Information is Collected About You?
We, and our third party service provider collect your name and mobile phone number in order to provide the SMS Service to you. We collect this information only when someone completes our assessment form, contact us page or any such page.
How is your Personal Information Used?
We, and our third party service provider, use your Personal Information to: a) provide the SMS Service to you; b) improve the SMS Service; c) contact you with announcements or messages; and/or d) conduct research.
How is your Personal Information Disclosed?
We will share your Personal Information with our third party service provider to facilitate the SMS Service. We will never sell your mobile data to any third party, and we will never share your Personal Information with any third party who does not explicitly require it to perform the SMS Service. We may use or disclose your Personal Information in any of the following ways:
- When we have your consent
- We need to enforce our SMS Terms of Service
- To third party service providers for processing on our behalf, including to facilitate the SMS Service. When this is done, it is subject to agreements that obligate such third parties to process information only on behalf of ChoicePoint at our explicit direction
- To any affiliated entities, including parents or subsidiaries or other affiliates
- To respond to a legally presented subpoena or court order; or to establish our legal rights or to defend against legal claims
- We believe it is necessary to share to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or illegal activities, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or otherwise as required by law
We may share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties without notice to you.
ChoicePoint takes precautions to ensure the security of your Personal Information, including ensuring that our third party service providers protect the security of your Personal Information. However, we cannot guarantee that hackers or other unauthorized personnel will not gain access to your Personal Information despite our efforts. You should note that in using the SMS Service, your Personal Information will travel through third party infrastructures which are not under the control of ChoicePoint (such as third party SMS delivery platforms or your carrier network).
Opt In and Opt Out
You may opt into or out of the SMS Service in accordance with the SMS Terms of Service.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the SMS Service, such as announcements and administrative messages, without first offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
Children and Intended Audience
The SMS Service is not intended for children under 13, and ChoicePoint does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.
The SMS Service is intended for residents of the United States only.