Out of 23.5 million US residents reportedly addicted to drugs and alcohol, only 11% receive addiction treatment. However, 70% of people seeking additional counseling stay sober—wondering where to find addiction counseling near you? Read ahead and find out how.
Table of Contents
What Is Addiction Counseling?
If you don’t stop binge drinking and abusing drugs, there will come a point in life when you require outside help, such as addiction counseling. The main goal of addiction counseling is to set your life back on track and help you to:
- control the urge to abuse alcohol and illicit drugs
- change negative feelings, thoughts, and behaviors
- set productive goals
- cope with stress
Take our free addiction assessment to find out your alcohol dependence level. If the results show a “High dependence level,” you may require immediate help. Start searching for addiction counseling near me and seeking treatment.
Why Is Counseling Essential in Treating Drug and Alcohol Addiction?
Addiction counseling often becomes essential when you find yourself drinking four or more glasses of alcohol per day. There is nothing wrong with seeking help from alcohol addiction counseling near me. Sometimes an outside source can help you quit the bad habits you have been trying to quit for a long time.
Here are the five things why seeking addiction counseling near you is essential. A successful addiction counseling program can:
- Help to prevent relapses in the future.
- Provide the support you long for.
- Introduce you to coping strategies.
- Explain how to resist and divert attention when you suddenly need to abuse drugs.
- Guide you towards the addiction treatment that tailors your needs.
- Change how you look at life by identifying the habits or behaviors that fire up drug and alcohol cravings.
Addiction counseling is important; our highly specialized and professional addiction therapists at ChoicePoint can help you start treatment today!
Here Is How To Find Addiction Counseling Near You!
If you have recognized the need to start addiction counseling, your next aim is to find a reliable addiction psychiatrist near you. Whoever you choose as your psychiatrist will be responsible for either making your life better or worse than before. We would advise you to take your time to do proper research on addiction counseling near me before you invest your time, energy, and money into addiction counseling.
Here are the top 5 things to look for in a facility that offers addiction counseling near you:
1. Addiction Therapy Programs
Addiction therapies are important to addiction treatment as they address the underlying symptoms and causes. When seeking addiction counseling near you, look for a facility that provides addiction therapy programs. Such as:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Program (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Program (DBT)
- Group, Individual, and Family Therapy Programs
2. Telehealth Rehab Services
Are you finding the sudden spike in gas prices in New Jersey a nuisance? May we ease your troubles and offer a convenient way to find addiction counseling near you? The solution to your problem is Telehealth rehab services.
With Telehealth rehab services, you may speak with your healthcare provider online without driving around. All you need is an internet-connected device, and you are all set for one-on-one counseling with your online doctor.
Benefits of Telehealth Rehab Services
Here are some benefits of choosing telehealth rehab services over traditional therapy methods:
- Easier to access and attend online sessions
- Easier to manage household or office work along with taking sessions.
- No geographical restrictions
- No traveling expenses are required.
- 24/7 support provided
- You can schedule the time that best suits you
Want to break free from the shackles of Addiction by staying at home? Virtual therapy is now possible because ChoicePoint in New Jersey offers Telehealth rehab services.
3. Cost and Insurance Coverage
Addiction counseling is the best way to eliminate drug and alcohol addiction problems, but it does not come cheap. Clinics that accept insurance programs can help you get treatment without worrying about the rehab cost.
When you find addiction counseling near you that meets your criteria, you are suggested to look for the following things:
- Look for therapists that accept your insurance coverage plan.
- Check if they are in-network with your insurance provider. Being ‘in-network’ doesn’t just mean that they accept certain insurance; instead, it also conveys that they meet quality standards as well.
- Check what will be covered in your counseling sessions.
ChoicePoint accepts most insurance providers, including Medicare and Medicaid, for the patients’ convenience. Moreover, cash payment is also an option for payment. If you want to know more about our insurance policy, simply fill out this form.
4. The Right Addiction Therapist
If you are searching online for the right addiction therapist near you, beware of fraudulent sites. We suggest that you look for the following things while choosing an addiction therapist near you:
- Check the credentials of the clinic and the addiction therapist you choose.
- Make sure that they are DEA-certified therapists.
- Check if they have LegitScript Certification.
Once you have narrowed your search, call the selected addiction therapist near you and talk to them. If you develop a bond, go in for in-detail sessions. You need to be open, honest, and comfortable with the addiction therapist you choose.
5. Provide Dual Diagnosis Treatment
According to a study, 8.9 million people in the USA are affected by co-occurring disorders yearly, and only 7.4% receive treatment. Mental disorders and Addiction are two sides of the same coin. Therefore when you seek addiction counseling near you, choose the clinic that will provide treatment for dual diagnosis.
The main goal of this program is to help people who develop mental disorders along with addiction disorders and vice-versa. Some of the most commonly developed mental disorders that co-occur with Addiction are:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Bipolar disorder
A dual-diagnosis therapist will provide two treatments simultaneously:
Here is why a dual-diagnosis program works:
- Provides holistic recovery
- Identifies and helps resolve hidden issues that lead to substance abuse
- It helps with understanding past traumas and coping with them
- Control the symptoms of bipolar disorder, anxiety, and depression.
- Both your disorders will be considered and treated side by side for a better chance of recovering.
- Help you move forward in life by teaching you coping mechanisms.
ChoicePoint In NJ; The Best Addiction Counseling Near You!
According to an article published in New York Times, they claim among people who seek addiction counseling, up to 75% of them stay abstinent for the rest of their lives. Here are the top 5 reasons why ChoicePoint in New Jersey is the right Addiction counseling center near you::
- ChoicePoint provides an FDA-approved MAT program to the residents of New Jersey.
- With our Telehealth rehab services, you may gain access to our addiction therapists without any geographical restrictions. They are always just a click away and provide never-ending support.
- ChoicePoint in New Jersey accepts all insurance providers and will provide customized treatment plans for your needs.
- We offer rehab after work for people who just can’t seem to stay away from work. However, with our rehab after work, you can focus on work as usual and visit us once you are free.
- Our addiction therapists use CBT and DBT as a form of treatment therapy for Addiction to help you live a drug-free life.
Don’t Wait to Get Worse; Seek Addiction Counseling Near You!
According to the statistics report in November, almost 100,306 people fatally overdosed on drugs. We all are aware of the adverse effects of drug and alcohol addiction. Alcohol abuse is the worst as it not destroys your body, but it also destroys your relationship with people around you. Being addicted to a substance doesn’t mean you don’t have treatment options. Our highly-specialized addiction therapists in ChoicePoint- an addiction treatment center in Fair Lawn, New Jersey, will provide consultation and help you to recover. We wish to rid the world of Addiction and its harmful effects. Join us in our mission and start addiction counseling near you at ChoicePoint today!